Eden Mountain Lodge is centrally located for you to enjoy the many activities at Stowe, Jay Peak, and Smuggler's Notch ski resorts - but offers guests a peaceful mountain hideaway. We're also only a 20 minute drive from world-class cross country skiing at Craftsbury Outdoor Center, and near many local attractions, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, and boating locations.
Don't forget about all our on-site activities, including hiking, biking, fishing, wildlife watching, out your door x-country skiing snow shoeing, and of course dog sledding!
Craftsbury Outdoors Center
World-class X-Country Skiing
Jay Peak Ski Resort
Famous glades skiing, indoor water park, ice rink, golf, hockey, and spa (to the north)
Smugglers Notch Resort
Great family skiing, spa, and high ropes course (to the south)
Stowe Area Association - GoStowe.com
The best place to find things to do and places to eat in the near-by Stowe area (to the south)
The best place to find things to do and places to eat in the near-by Newport area (to the north)
Vermont Chamber of Commerce
Offering tools to plan your trip to any part of the state!
Ideas for Near-by Adventures
- Get some lake time at Lake Eden, just a 10 minute drive down the road. Turn left at Route 100 and look for signs for Lake Eden Recreation Area which offers swimming and picnicking Memorial Day to Labor Day. Open daily. There is a small "use fee." Call 802-635-7725 for more information.
- Bread and Puppet Theater. One-of-a-kind theater – with free bread. Summer Sundays starting at 1:00. Museum open Sundays year-round.
- The Dog Chapel. A hit with dog lovers – and their pets.
- The town of Johnson. Shop at Johnson Wollen Mills, and the Forget Me Not Shop (factory seconds clothing). Check out the Vermont Studio Center for a look at local and international art.
- The town of Newport. A classic main street shopping experience and many good restaurants await in this town on a lake. We like Lago Trattoria, Ban Thai, and Montgomery’s Café.
- Ride the Jay Peak tram. Open winter and summer. An exciting cable car ride with view all the way to Montreal on clear days.
- Visit Lake Willoughby. A gorgeous gorge – with a lake! Swim, or hike the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Old Stone House Museum. Run by the local historical society—a unique stone house full of artifacts showcasing local history.
- Go on a farm tour. Many local farms offer tours. See vtfarms.org, vermontfarmtours.com, and voga.org for details
- Go on a brewery or winery tour. Rock Art Brewery, Hill Farmstead Brewery, Magic Hat Brewery, and the VonTrapp Family Lodge all offer unique beer and/or brewery tours, often with free samples. Boyden Valley Winery offers tours, samples, and one-of-a-kind ice wine.
- Rent a canoe and go for a paddle.
- Visit a day spa: Smugglers Notch, Stowe, and Jay Peak all offer day spas
- Golf: Stowe and Jay Peak offer excellent golfing
- Ice skate: Jay Peak’s new “Ice Haus” offers year round skating
- ArborTrek: Zip line adventures near Smugglers Notch.
- More adventures: Fishing, Horseback Riding, and Mountain Biking tours and rentals are available in many locations. Search “Northeast Kingdom” and what you’d like to do!
Adventures Further Afield
- Eat some cheese. Cabot cheese offers a factory tour, and free samples of all of their cheeses at their factory in Cabot.
- Eat some ice cream. Ben and Jerry’s offers a factory tour and free samples at their tour center.
- Visit the Shelburne Museum.
- Visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Company and see how bears are made.
- Visit the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum and see how ships used to ply the lake.
- Visit the Burlington Aquarium. A great stop for kids!
- Visit Rock of Ages granite quarry in Barre. A tourist favorite for decades. Over 600 feet deep!
- Hang out in Burlington – a cool college city with fun funky shops, great restaurants, and beautiful lake views. Visit on Saturday to partake in the weekly farmers market - a cornucopia of food and crafts.
- Hang out in Montpelier – the state capitol! See the statehouse and state museum, then enjoy some delicious local food at one of the many exceptional restaurants.
- Hang out in Montreal -- another language, another country, another culture – only a few hours away!